Event Date & Time: Monday, Sept. 11, 2017 at 10:30am.
Event Location: N-Sports Rec Center, 3101 Recreation Drive, Washington, MO 63090 (Click on the address to open the location in Google Maps.)
Age Categories: 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Equipment for Event: All equipment will be provided for this event. The washers will be 2″ O.D. washers.
Event Description: The pitching distance will be 20 feet for men and women from the front of the box. There will be a 15 minute time limit on each game. Winner will be determined by time or points, whichever comes first. Pairing for competition will be done prior to the tournament. The tournament will be single elimination with winners advancing to the next bracket.
Scoring: A washer in the cup scores five points, in the box scores three points, and out of the box scores no points. 21 Points wins the game.
NOTE: Any changes will be announced the day of the event. Any circumstances not covered by the following rules will be ruled upon by the event coordinator.
- The foul line will be even with the front of the box they are standing next to.
- One foot must remain behind the foul line.
- The first player pitches both of their washers followed by the opposing player pitching both of their washers.
- Scoring Cancellation Rules: If a player lands a washer in the same position as their opponents, those points will be cancelled out. For example: If a player has a washer in the cup and one in the box with his opponent putting a washer in the cup and one in the box, neither player will score a point. If a player has one washer in the cup and the opponent has two in the box the player in the cup scores five points and the opponent scores none. The cup washer scores over the box washer.
- No bouncers allowed except if it lands on the edge and another washer puts it in the box or in the can.
Directions to Event: From the intersections of Hwy. 47 and Hwy. 100 in Washington, take Hwy. 100 East approx. 2.4 miles to N-Sports Rec Center on the left. From Interstate 44, take Hwy. 100 West for approx. 7.5 miles to N-Sports Rec Center on the right.