Event Date & Time: Monday, Sept. 11, 2017 at 10:30am.
Event Location: N-Sports Rec Center, 3101 Recreation Drive, Washington, MO 63090 (Click on address to open location in Google Maps.)
Age Categories: 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Competition Divisions: This event will be played as open doubles.
Equipment for Event: All equipment for this event will be provided at the event.
NOTE: Any changes will be announced the day of the event. Any circumstances not covered by the following rules will be ruled upon by the event coordinator.
- We will be using the American Cornhole Association rules for play and scoring.
- Variations to these rules will be given at the event.
- We will vary from their standard pitching distance of 27 feet and will set the boards at 24 feet to the front edge.
- A copy of the “ACA Cornhole Game Rules” can be downloaded from the Forms page on this website.
- The pitcher’s box is the rectangle 4 ft. by 3 ft. at each end of the court, parallel and on both sides of Cornhole platforms. Each contestant must remain in the pitcher’s box while pitching the corn bag.
Pitching Rotation During The Game:
- The contestant who scored in the preceding inning shall pitch first in the next inning. If neither pitcher scores, the contestant who pitched second (last) in the preceding inning shall pitch first in the next inning.
- Corn Bag In-The-Hole has a value of three points.
- A Corn Bag On-The-Board is a corn bag that is not in-the-hole but lands with any portion of the corn bag resting on the cornhole platform has a value of one point. For a corn bag to be counted as on-the-board, it must not touch the ground or any other portion of the court prior to coming to rest on the cornhole platform.
- If a corn bag touches the ground before coming to rest on the cornhole platform, it is a foul and must be removed from the cornhole platform prior to the continuation of play.
Cancellation Scoring Summary:
- In cancellation scoring, corn bags in-the-hole and corn bags in-the-count pitched by opponents during an inning or half of an inning in doubles play cancel each other out.
- Only non-cancelled corn bags are counted in the score for the inning.
- A corn bag in-the-hole of one contestant shall cancel a corn bag in-the-hole of his competitor and those corn bags shall not score any points. Any non cancelled corn bag in-the-hole scores three points.
- Corn bags in-the-count cancel each other. A corn bag in-the-count of one contestant shall cancel a corn bag in-the-count of the opponent and those corn bags shall not score any points. Any non cancelled corn bags in-the-count score one point each.
- In this manner hole-in and in-the–count corn bags from each contestant or team of contestants are cancelled out and only non cancelled corn bags are counted in the score.
Click on this link to download a copy of the “Cornhole Game Rules“.
Directions to Event: From the intersections of Hwy. 47 and Hwy. 100 in Washington, take Hwy. 100 East approx. 2.4 miles to N-Sports Rec Center on the left. From Interstate 44, take Hwy. 100 West for approx. 7.5 miles to N-Sports Rec Center on the right.