Event Date & Time: Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017 at 6:30am.
Event Location: Pacific High School, 425 Indian Warpath Dr., Pacific, MO 63069 (Click on the address to open the location in Google Maps.)
Age Categories: 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90+
Divisions: Men’s and Women’s Divisions
NOTE: Any changes will be announced the day of the event. Any circumstances not covered by the following rules will be ruled upon by the event coordinator.
- Tennis or running shoes are needed for this event.
- Walking is a progression of steps taken so that an athlete can get from the start of a race to the finish as quickly as possible.
- These steps must meet the rules for walking which are the following: One foot must be on the ground at all times. This means that the lead foot must be in contact with the ground before the back foot can leave the ground. It is called “lifting” when a person loses contact with the ground and both feet are off the ground at the same time.
- Each leg must be straightened at least momentarily during each stride taken by the walker. If a walker fails to straighten one or both legs momentarily through each stride, this is called “creeping”.
- If a walker fails to abide by either one of these rules, then they will be given a caution by one for the judges. Upon the second caution given during the race, the athlete will be disqualified and must leave the competition.
- Disqualification can also occur, after the competition, if assembled judges agree.
- In case of a tie, duplicate medals will be awarded.
Directions to the Event:
Going eastbound on Interstate 44: Take Exit #256 for Pacific. Turn right onto W. Osage Street (Business I-44). Drive for 0.6 miles and turn left onto Indian Warpath Drive. Drive 0.1 miles and Pacific High School will be on the right.
Going westbound on Interstate 44: Take Exit #257 for Pacific. Turn left onto Viaduct Street. Go under the overpass and turn left onto W. Osage Street (Business I-44). Drive for 1.1 miles and turn left onto Indian Warpath Drive. Drive 0.1 miles and the Pacific High School will be on the right.